S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Arrival at Annapolis

After yet another early start to catch the tidal currents I am thumbing this to you from the town mooring field in Annapolis, quaffing a beer and snacking on humus and pita bread. Tonight the chief sea cook (me) is making sausage Alfredo with green onions and mushrooms in a white wine reduction. For the complete recipe Check out my cookbook at Lulu.com "Son of a Sea Cook".

Here endeth the blatant commercialism.

Other than our arrival the day was relatively uneventful other than the fact that this time at Bohemia River we didn't ground out but we did have to beast out the anchor. This is a good spot if you choose the depth wisely. Also we met two other Nova Scotian cruisers from the La Have Yacht Club who were on their way to the Bahamas for the winter. They won't be staying for the boat show.

We went ashore for showers at the very well set up Harbour Master's office and saw and used tokens to get into the shower for the first time. Tomorrow I think that we will be going to Happy Hour at a Crab Shack on the waterfront - $4 for something to eat like an appetizer or a drink.

Brad and Maeve from Sampatecho knocked on our hull at around four. They are only two moorings over and they are coming to share the dinner that I just described. They also mentioned that there are some anchorage spots further up Spa Creek which we will try to get at the day after tomorrow.

Poor Peri is sitting on the settee panting his little heart out. It is hot. I think we need to slow down our pellmell rush to get south. After all the reason we left as early as we did was so that we could take our time and smell the magnolias, as it were.

Comments