S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Not so Treasured Cay....

Saturday and we are on our way again. This time we are making for Treasure Cay, a new spot for us. The trip here was quick with an 08h30 departure and we were here by noon. This place is definitely a resort and no small amount of one but I don't think that we'll be back. The power is metered but they have their hand out for $25 a day. I mean seriously?! We are a sailboat not a sport fisherman with AC etc. Way don't they charge a metered rate? Why? Because they can get more this way, that's why. Our friends off Tanbarque told us it would be like this but we had to find out for ourselves. Overpriced drinks, metered water, filling potential anchorage area with moorings so you don't have a choice, it all adds up to very good reasons to go elsewhere which we will tomorrow. Great Guana Cay is calling our name. The weather window looks quite short so we will be heading for Great Sale Cay early Monday AM and continuing on to be in Stuart by noon on Tuesday. If we leave it by a day we will be in thirst of another blow and since it is the start of the season here our chances of getting a mooring or even a good anchorage is decreasing.

Comments