S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Sunday. A day of doing little.

Well maybe not quite little.

We walked over and checked out the free docks on both sides of the bridge and they have been well upgraded. They are piling docks. It are in excellent condition and are merged with a park that commemorates a Revolutionary War battle. Boats have been coming back all day from the Harbourfest. We tried to stay up to see something of the fireworks last night but I guess they were to far away for us to see even over the tops of the trees.

We got a few more groceries and pumped out the holding tank so we should be good for a departure tomorrow. Are bought us some new socks to replace the ones that have worn out on the trip. We also finally took our asymmetrical out of the bag and discovered that somehow the sock line had come untied at one end and pulled out. That meant we, and by that I really meant Barb had to rethread the line all the way up the sheave, around the little cheek block and back down again. It wasn't a fun job in the heat but it is now done and we are ready for a run up the Chesapeake tomorrow.

Might stay around tomorrow long enough to see if the Boat Store here happens to have the LED bulbs that we need. If they do we will get them and whatever our friend Barry in Annapolis is able to get his hands on. You can never have enough spares, can you?

Got a fair amount of reading done, though. I finally read that book The Martian, upon which they based the movie of the same name. The movie was pretty good and so was the book.

Other than that.....short post today.

Comments