S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Cold clear light of day......

Today is a new day! Last night’s snivelling is but an embarrassing memory. Funny how much a good day of accomplishment can change your outlook. That, along with a more favourable long term weather forecast can definitely bring a smile to one’s face.

This morning, after I finally got some sleep and took a better look at the later part of the forecast I noticed that the long term outlook is for much lighter winds from Thursday through to Saturday – a much more attractive outlook for someone trying to get some southing. Then, today, Barb and moved a lot more of our luggage and provisions aboard, re-hung the spinnaker topping lift that had come undone during the laying up, and set up the wet locker and laundry room with a hanging rack and washing machine. All in all, a good day.

We still have some equipment testing to do as well as move our clothing onto the boat and then we should be ready to go. If this morning’s forecast continues as read we should be able to head out from the dock on Wednesday and go it to an anchorage at the mouth of the harbour to wait for the slack tide at Brazil Rock to start our trip across the Gulf of Maine which would be at 02h00 on Thursday morning which should have us arriving at Cape Cod early Saturday morning.

There are two other visiting boats at SHYC that will be taking advantage of the short weather window tomorrow to dash across the Gulf. Outlander and Bellaventure should be arriving Tuesday night

Comments