S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Damn it's HOT!

Well, we are slowly making progress.

Various electrical items and problems we have had have been fixed with a sort of three steps forward two steps backwards technique. I get one thing fixed and then the next day, and then the third thing breaks down. Very frustrating! However of the big things are repaired. I have also firmly decided that a number of the smaller more cosmetic items on my to-do list will be put off to be done en route (famous last words).

The new auto pilot is almost totally installed with the wiring all that’s left. I should have that done by the end of the weekend.

We may have a larger asymmetrical Spinnaker to carry for light winds thanks to a friend who has sold their boat and is selling off gear that didn’t go with it.

We have moved the cushions back to the boat and the split backstay has had the insulators put into them and are reinstalled. Now, at some time in the future, we will be able to work the SSB.

I have also committed to helping get a friends boat into the water and I am now feeling more comfortable about taking a week or so to get that done that won’t impact our schedule too much. In our role of Port Officers for the Ocean Cruising Club we have been meeting more and more really nice cruising couples who have put into Shelburne as a port of entry to Canada.

Comments