S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

The Countdown Continues

Our Bon Voyage dinner party last night was a rousing success. I wasn’t aware that it was also a belated birthday party for me as well, so many thanks to Barb for that very pleasant surprise and thanks to our friends who came around to party and celebrate. My head this morning was a little fuzzy but I will survive.

An early morning view of the weather still shows that a Thursday departure is a high probability. Low tide at Brazil Rock is going to be around 14h00, so, given that it will be 4 hours from SHYC to that waypoint, we will have to leave the dock at around 09h00. Not an uncivilized time for departure. If we get to Brazil Rock a couple of hours before slack low tide we will be riding a flood tidal current for the first six hours of our Gulf of Maine crossing and thereafter the current will be on one beam or the other pushing us to port or starboard and not slowing our speed over the ground.

Today will be spent closing up the house and moving onto the boat.

Tonight it is supposed to rain so I am going to leave the fresh water standpipe open to fill the water tanks.

Our first couple of meals will be leftovers from last night.

Ooooh my aching tummy.

Comments