S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

A day in Fort Myers

Saturday 21 December 2019

Morning in Fort Myers and after a great night at Bob and Louis'.

We set off for a morning of chores. A quick visit to the local West Marine to buy yet more necessities- a chemical that will help us rid the dingy of barnacles along with a couple of scraping palates to encourage them to vacate, and a geezer cart on steroids which had four wheels and a heavy duty axel but still would fold up. We also visited one of the numerous farmers markets in Fort Myers and a couple of really good grocery stores.

We came back to Louis and Bob's for lunch and a dip in their pool. There is also a nice hot tub next to the pool which is really great to wallow in. The whole thing was particularly lovely as we were the only people in it. It was almost like it was our pool and hot tub.

That evening the condo has a pot luck Christmas Dinner that we were invited to attend. It was fun. It's always interesting to see what other people see as holiday food: scalloped potatoes, baked beans, ham, tuna salad, cheese cake, chocolate mousse cake just to name a few. Our and Bob and Louis’ contributions were different varieties of Jamaican patties and a couple of log cakes - a carrot cake and a Black Forest cake. Yummmy!

We have decided that's we will head home tomorrow afternoon and spend a night in a note in Stuart so we can get the car back to the rental agency in time and not have to pay for another day. We are hoping to get out to the boat before lunch and get the dingy cleaned off and back in the water by the end of the day. We are also praying that there is nothing wrong with the batteries and they continue to hold a charge. However, it is what it is and we will deal with whatever we find.

Comments