S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Christmas Eve

Tuesday 24 December 2019
Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you have a good holiday and that next year for each and everyone of you is everything you could hope for.

We went to shore today to buy groceries to restock the freezer in the fridge in preparation for our departure which was planned for boxing day. Unfortunately, when I was making breakfast this morning we drained one of our two propane tank‘s. This means we have to go in and get propane before we leave as I really don’t want to go into the Bahamas in their current state hoping to be able to find someplace that can sell us propane. We have two choices. We can go by Uber, or we can wait until Friday, the day we have to leave, and take the shuttle from the marina. I have booked the shuttle we will try to take a Newburgh the day before. Again, the motivation is to make tracks South so we can get across to the Bahamas and go foreign in time to meet the requirements of our cruising permit.

The Marina is putting on a Christmas Eve Carol session with free wine and beer and appetizers. The only fly in the ointment was the amount of wind in the harbor. When we came back to the boat after our trip to the grocery store we got pretty wet. What can I say? The sunshine State with the wind and overcast skies certainly isn’t all that warm and short isn’t that sunny.

We met up with some folks we had met before and some new ones while having snacks and far too much wine. Then, back to Nelleke where temptation was too much and we opened our gifts to each other. We saved our stockings and the gifts from our children until Christmas morning.

Comments