S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Stuart and we have a mooring to move to tomorrow

Wednesday 15 January 2020
Up after getting recovered from the lack of sleep on the crossing and ready to go. First task was a trip to Walmart's for provisioning. These outings are always fun, made so by the driver, Sam, who is also the General Manager of the marina. He keeps up a running commentary of jokes, old and new, and is very concerned and careful about everyone in his charge.

After the Walmart run we returned to Nelleke and put the dingy into the water and after lunch I took a run out to the mooring field. For a while it looked like we were going to be out of luck as far as getting a mooring but then as I turned to return to the boat I noticed another boat releasing their lines so I nipped over and asked them if they were leaving. When they confirmed that they were, I immediately put one of our fenders on to to claim it until tomorrow AM when we will head out and pick it up. I went into the marina office to confirm that we had done so and now we are all set. Hurrah!

Tonight, as with most nights, there is a cruiser's happy hour from five until seven o'clock in the evening. We went to last nights one but couldn't manage much past five-thirty we were so bagged from the three o'clock arrival in Stuart. Tonight we will do better, especially as our contribution to the appetizers is going to be cold lobster with dip and guacamole with chips. There will be another more involved happy hour on Saturday so we will have to up our game for that. Let me see.....meatballs in sauce, sausages on a toothpick.....?

Anyway. Tomorrow I believe I will begin with a few paragraphs of my famous cruising musings. Just to get some things off my chest.



Comments