S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

A day to tool around

Wednesday 19 February 2020

O fabroous jay.
Today is the day,
We put Nelleke away
up on the hard.

She will be well looked after and cared for by the staff here at Deltaville Yachting Centre. We are getting them to do a once over on Suzie Suzuki as well. We are also looking at the possibility of getting them to clean and wax the topsides and scrape and paint the bottom. If it isn’t going to cost too much then that’ll be done before we get back and one less thing for us to do before we launch. Ideally, all we will have to do is put our personals back aboard, refill the propane tanks, and buy provisions. Then we could start off. Even if we take our time and take in the sights we could be home by mid June.

Nelleke was out of the water by nine o’clock and we took off to tour. First to Gloucester, where I got a much overdue haircut and then we were off to an Italian place outside town that was recommended to us by Chris and Bill. Sadly, this was another one of those situations where the place was “closed today”. I guess if you lived here you would know to either call ahead or you would just know what their hours were. Since we were more than halfway there we decided to go to Colonial Williamsburg again, but after fighting road closures and traffic we found that they had raised their admittance to $55US each! Guess who decided that for only half a day $110US was simply too much money?

We headed home and had a late lunch or early supper, Lupper, at Something Different in Urbanna. We can recommend this place if your should ever find yourself out here.

Tonight we will make an early night, and get away tomorrow for Peter and Lynn’s. The weather forecast is for SNOW, so we will try to get there before there is too much accumulation. I think we will take the side roads to see some of the countryside. Some of today’s lupper will be lunch tomorrow.

Comments