S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Getting calmer but we are still at Provincetown

Last night was remarkable!

As we lay in our bunks it was reminicant of our three nights at sea without the ocean swells - the wind screaming in the rigging, the running rigging hammering on the mast despite our best efforts to frap them, waves smashing into the side of the boat and heeling us over in the gusts. And that was all behind a breakwater!

This morning, hardly rested we awoke and checked the forecasts to be informed that although the winds will die down after lunch there will still be a surf and small craft warning out in the bay so we have decided to stay another night at the mooring and get away at first light tomorrow. Hopefully we will be pushing a declining current in the canal and reach the entrance to Onset at slack shortly after lunch.

Today, as a combined effort we have tightened the alternator belt and cut the wood to install to make the repairs to the Autohelm. We tried to get into the Provincetown museum but it was closed so I guess we will have to settle on wandering about the town and reading a small booklet on the local paranormal activities to satisfy our curiosity about the town's history.

In all I have to keep reminding myself that there is. Nothing is to be gained by rushing in the cruising life, even if this is a delivery. I am just a little disappointed that we have been unable to get B2H to the new owners more quickly, and we couldn't get back aboard Nelleke.

Comments