S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Why do I keep posting?....

....isn't the cruise over?

The short answer is yes, but the longer answer is no, not yet. In my mind it won't be over until we are free to move about normally. So, until then, when I have other things to occupy myself with I will continue to put out my daily blurb. Please don't be too bored.

Argh! When we were on the boat underway at least the notion of the boat gave us some exercise maintaining our balance. Here ashore we are continually stuffed and I am more inclined to settle for one meal a day. Won't happen but it's something to aim for. Either that or really small meals at normal times.

Also, during our trip, we were able to maintain our sanity through the comments to our blog and Facebook, and chats on messenger and email, but at least we were out and about albeit with limited people contact but since we were working on the boat we didn't notice the isolation quite so much. Now at home, even though we still have the remote contact with friends, for some reason we feel it more. Maybe it's the familiar surroundings without the familiar activities.

Oh well. We are past the hump of the quarantine.

It is damn cold here today so we are very glad indeed to not still be at sea. One degree centigrade during the day and going down to -3 overnight. It will be earning up to a balmy 8 degrees tomorrow. Just a reminder that once quarantine is over I will have to get the snowblower in for servicing. Thank heavens for hot baths, heat pumps and furnaces.

Barb has begun her Christmas knitting and baking and The whispered cell phone conversations regarding Christmas presents are regularly occurring.

Today is the day that we will get the crates of Christmas decorations out of the storage area - it takes a few days to carefully unpack the precious old ornaments that Barb has been collecting over the years. It will be good to get the decorating done before we schlep all of the remaining things home from Nelleke - so, the last few days of our self quarantine period will be out to good use.

Yesterday our small delivery of soil and manure arrived. We have garlic that needs to be planted and the raised bed needs to be amended first - sure hope it warms up a bit in the next few days.

Six days left in quarantine.

Comments