S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Three sleeps and a wakie....

....is how we used to refer to future timings in the army. Basically, it means three more days and when we wake up on the fourth day we will be done.

Today, I put up the Christmas lights on the front of the house. Where once we hung lights, now we have gone all technical with rotating laser images projected onto the front of the house. It's much quicker to put up and take down and it doesn't involve ladders.

Yesterday we heard from the provincial government that they are implementing new measures to combat the new surge in Covid cases. The surge in Nova Scotia is confined to the central part of the province and is of a scale that is only a fraction of what the surge is elsewhere in the country outside of Atlantic Canada, and orders of magnitude less than what's going on in the US. Here in Nova Scotia, the government reacts if there are 5 new cases. They don't wait until there are thousands or even hundreds! They react soon enough to have a positive effect as soon a possible. Although the new normal here is sometimes frustrating it is comforting that our government takes this thing seriously. As of right now, it won't impact our plans for the Christmas visit to Halifax.

Regardless, it is still kind deadingly boring.

Three days left on the quarantine.

Comments