S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Another Great Day at Rock Hall

Rock Hall, MD - across from Annapolis

We are writing this from the dock at Waterman's Crab House at Rock Hall. The restaurant has agreed to let us stay alongside for another day - free! We'll be able to get the work done on the boat that we have been putting off with available power, laundry, growlie shopping, and all sorts of stuff. By way of payment to Waterman's we had dinner there last night with Rob and Kathy from Quetico and that was certainly no hardship, both for the company and for the food. Barb has their "award winning" crab cakes and if they hadn't won awards, they should have, and I had steamed jumbo shrimp, and by jumbo, well, let's just say at home they might have done for small lobster tails in some places that I've eaten. That, wine and beer and the bill came to $50 and when you consider that includes two days alongside - wow - a great deal!

I spent the day working on various little projects on the boat and Barb did a lot of provisioning. Since we will be in Annapolis for at least 4 days there will be a lot more stuff that I can get done there since we will probably only go into the show for one day. We want the experience plus there are a few specific parts that we are hoping to get boat show prices for.

We had diner again at Waterman's, with our friends Rob and Kathy from Quetico. They were a huge help with the shopping as they had the use of a friend's car and were kind enough to give Barb a lift back to the boat. Waterman's had a diner deal with cheeseburger fries and slaw for $4.95 or $0.25 wings. Nothing to write home about but tasty non the less.

Tomorrow - Annapolis!

Comments