S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Home again!

OK. OK. I missed a day. But not really as this post is for yesterday and for today. We spent the day motor sailing from Shelburne to Halifax where we arrived in the heavy mist at 0100 on Sunday morning. We tied up at the loading dock for the night to get some rest and in the morning we moved over to one of the other docks. With the Yard Foreman being ill during the winter they are really behind in their spring launches and none of the moorings are in and even some of the docks are still up on the hard or at least not assembled. But, Gee, It's great to be back!

It has been great to see old friends. Lisa Noonan came over to say hi and have breakfast with us and get caught up on what's going on at the club and here in Halifax; when we changed docks, Randy Stevens, himself a visitor to the club, came down to the dock to help us tie up; and as we were coming over, Judy Robertson, my sailing bud from the previous Marblehead race saw us from her house and shouted hello and welcome home, so we invited her and hubby Steve over for a tea. And that was all in the forenoon!

I have a date tonight with two beautiful women to go to a movie. Lisa and Barb and I will be going to see Angels and Demons up at Bayer's Lake theatres.

I am going to be running about today so I'll save any ore news for tomorrow's blog.

Comments