S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Shuffling the deck chairs

Life goes on! We have changed docks at RNSYS due to the fact that once we arrived the Harbourmaster realized how heavy Nelleke is and decided that being out on the T-face is probably not a good idea so he moved us to another dock a little closer to shore and a lot closer to one of the major piling supports. It turns out that we will likely be right next to Isley Girl, the Beneteau that we followed down to Marblehead in 2007and got to know the skipper and crew. Turns out he is the Vice Commodore of the Yard or something here at the Squadron and we are now actually in his space. He was kind enough to move over one spot and let us in here. This dock promises to be a lot quieter that where we were for the last 36 hours but we will still be invited over for the parties if we choose.

Tomorrow is my day off so it will be a day to get things done. I am in high hopes that we'll be able to finish most of the tool crib project and perhaps even get started on something else. We have lots to do and only a little time in which to do it. Barb has arranged with ACE towing to move the cradle over from AYC for a whopping $125 so it wouldn't be worth trying to do it ourselves. We are still going to use the "tuning fork" trailer and jacks since it will simply be easier and faster to do so to get Nelleke out of the water. We will be leaving her in until after the new member's night on 19th of June and the out she'll come and our pal Don Webster will change her cutlass bearing and put in new engine mounts.

I am still having a great time at the Binnacle. It's wonderful helping other people spend their money and being able to advise them on matters boaty. I have been right more often than not and most of the customers are giving me the "wisenheimer of the sea" award. Whatever that means.

Poor ol' Barb is sick as a dog. Nine months at sea and traveling around and not a sniffle but less that two weeks at home and boom, she's down with the grip. She must have come in contact with someone carrying the bug. While we were cruising she had limited contact with other people and we both suffered from extreme good health.

Comments