S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Tuesday. Another day off and we’re getting ready to finally haul Nelleke!

This was a truly odd day. I woke up to fog and chills and we went to bed with the fans running and trying to find some way to cool down. After the miserable rainy weather I can't find it in me to complain about a little warm weather though.

We are finally done the fridge and freezer projects. Check out the photo gallery and you'll see the photos of the end results. Barb has done a superb job of the finish work and we now have the selon back to normal.

I spent a big part of yesterday getting the cradle ready for Nelleke's haulout a week from Friday. Mostly it was simply a matter of adding carpet to the pads but Wayne, the Dockmaster also suggested adding carpeting to the guides that put the keel where it is supposed to go and since he also provided the carpet, how could I refuse?

Our friend Lisa had her birthday today and we celebrated aboard Nelleke. Not every day someone turns 30! Our BBQ chose that moment to pack it in so we will have to replace the regulator and if that doesn't work it'll be the whole unit. Come to think of it, there is something to be said for a whole new Q to start the cruise.

We are planning for a small cruise as a break from the boat chores this weekend. We'll be heading out to McNab's Island for a two night anchor weather conditions depending. Peri will be ecstatic as it's his opportunity to run free of the leash and chase seagulls. I haven't asked the seagulls for their opinion. Here's fingers crossed for suitable weather.

Comments