Neverbored

Off to St Martin Today

25 April 2012 | BVI's
hot/sunny ,30 degrees
We are on a mooring ball on Cooper Island, Manchioneel Bay. Cooper Island Beach Club the owners. We were invited to go into the beach Club last night by Ann & Ed's guests for a drink, their tab. We enjoyed meeting Kate and John who are leaving today for St Martin via flying from Tortola. We enjoyed the beach Club, nice atmosphere and when you have good company, hey,who could beat that.
it is early am on Wednesday and we decided after listening to the weather and asking Chris Parker, our weather guru about the passage from Virgin Gorda to St Martin, he said leave today, so Chris and I decided that later today at between 3 and 4 pm we would take the overnight passage of 80 miles to St Martin. Ed and Ann from Wind Swept dreams will leave the next day in early am(Thursday). They were busy doing laundry , filling up with water, fuel and getting their boat back in order after guests at the marina in Spanish Town, we stopped by to check out at Customs there and stopped to visit them briefly then off we went, on our way to St Martin.
The overnight was good , we motor sailed with our main up for most of the trip, taking it down for the last few hours. We enjoyed a starry night and seeing the bio-luminescents of the water. Made me think of you Gene.
Comments
Vessel Name: Neverbored
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral 40
Hailing Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada
Crew: Chris & Sheila
About:
recently updated:Chris started sailing in his late teens, his first 'sailing vessel' an 11ft Sea Snark. Sheila learned to sail with Chris on a 31 ft Catalina, many years later. [...]
Neverbored's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 19 August 2016
12 Photos
Created 23 July 2013

Neverbored

Who: Chris & Sheila
Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada

Our Current Position