Neverbored

Ready to Party

08 May 2015
After the end of the sail from Guadeloupe being a little gusty, at one point we were going down wind with 32 knots behind us, it was great to get into Prince Rupert Bay, Dominica and anchor. Time to relax and have happy hour. Rest up for the P.A.Y.S BBQ tomorrow night. P.A.Y.S. (Portsmouth Association of Yacht Services) based in Portsmouth, Dominica, which are a group of trained certified guides and local businesses that also patrol Prince Rupert Bay 24/7 during the winter sailing season (November to the end of May). They help cruisers with numerous services from taking garbage to organizing scuba diving outings, plus offer guided tours by boat, especially the wonderful Indian River trip where scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean were filmed and island tours by van. If you need laundry done or a water taxi, fruit or vegetables, they can help you.P.A.Y.S members monitor VHF 16 and when you arrive the P.A.Y.S. member on duty will come out and help you anchor or help tie you to one of the moorings they rent and maintain. P.A.Y.S can answer any questions you might have.
On Sunday nights they hold a fundraising BBQ at the P.A.Y.S. Events House which is a great way to meet other sailors as well as local Dominicans. The tickets are $20 US per person and there is a ton of great food, music, and all you can drink rum punch or fruit punch! We have done this several times and have never been disappointed with all the fun , just a good tired from all the dancing and fun the next day so if you go prepare for a day of rest after.
Comments
Vessel Name: Neverbored
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral 40
Hailing Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada
Crew: Chris & Sheila
About:
recently updated:Chris started sailing in his late teens, his first 'sailing vessel' an 11ft Sea Snark. Sheila learned to sail with Chris on a 31 ft Catalina, many years later. [...]
Neverbored's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 19 August 2016
12 Photos
Created 23 July 2013

Neverbored

Who: Chris & Sheila
Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada

Our Current Position