Neverbored

Decisions, Decisions, Decided

13 September 2008 | Cape Town
Sunny 24 degrees C
It has been quite a while since we have done any updates to the blog. You would think that for the past couple of weeks we would be just relaxing in the condo, visiting the factory to watch the boat build, walking on the beach, and travelling around South Africa. Well it has been something like that except we had to meet with the sailmakers (3 times), meet with the fabric guy (3 times), meet with the graphics guy (2 times), meet with the various liferaft sales people, talk with the spars guy, go to the various marine supply stores, pick interior fabrics, pick exterior fabrics ..........
If you got tired reading all that stuff you should have tried doing it all. We don't know where the past 2 weeks have gone. The good news is that now we feel like we have a bit of a breather before we have to seriously start preparing and provisioning for our trip across the pond.
The boat is coming along very quickly. Most of the plumbing and electrical are in. The countertops are done and many of the surfaces are being polished. Most of the sailing hardware is also installed. The woodwork is made and waiting to be installed. The engines have not arrived yet. Admiral wants to put our boat in the Cape Town boat show so they have a self imposed timeline to get the boat in the water two weeks from now.
The boat is starting to look really nice. Maybe the best 40 ever acccording to Sheila. (sorry Gary & Lisa, Wayne & Donna, David & Brooke you will need to discuss that with Sheila).
We have mainly visited the Cape Town area. The Cape Town waterfront is a massive waterfront shopping and tourist activity development. The weather has been cloudy, windy and cold (13 to 18 degrees C). They say that the winter is finally over. It is now beautiful weather sunny and about 22C.
Walking on the beach in the evening is very nice. We can walk for miles. We often see the kite surfers. There are sometimes so many that you think they will get tangled up.
Hopefully we will get better at this blog thing.
Comments
Vessel Name: Neverbored
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral 40
Hailing Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada
Crew: Chris & Sheila
About:
recently updated:Chris started sailing in his late teens, his first 'sailing vessel' an 11ft Sea Snark. Sheila learned to sail with Chris on a 31 ft Catalina, many years later. [...]
Neverbored's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 19 August 2016
12 Photos
Created 23 July 2013

Neverbored

Who: Chris & Sheila
Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada

Our Current Position