Neverbored

Sight seeing /winery

21 September 2008
We have been doing a little touring of the area and have seen the waterfront in Cape Town, Known as "The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront "the shops and markets are very nice.The cultural music and dance groups in the square along the waterfront were very nice to watch and listen too.We have been to the Yacht club here where the boat will be once it is launched .We have been given a visitor's pass so it is great .The people have been very helpful. They have told us about the places we need to see while we are visiting.
The wines here are so good .What can I say we have tasted a different one each day that we have been here ,the collection of bottles ,empty that is ,is getting biggggggg .We went to a winery "Neethslingshof Estates" for a wine tasting. This winery is in the Stellenboch area. That was a lot of fun. We got to taste test six different wines. I think we left feeling happy . I know you are supposed to look, smell and taste ,not finish the glass .We bought eight bottles of wine for thirty US dollars which is 230 South African rand.
We have also traveled the shore line to an area called Camp,s Bay and then to Hout Bay ,the scenery was just magnificent .
Oh Thanks David ,I think you sent that cloudy weather our way. We had sun for a day, than clouds again and the wind always blows here in Cape Town.We are making the best of it and not letting it spoil our adventure.
Comments
Vessel Name: Neverbored
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral 40
Hailing Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada
Crew: Chris & Sheila
About:
recently updated:Chris started sailing in his late teens, his first 'sailing vessel' an 11ft Sea Snark. Sheila learned to sail with Chris on a 31 ft Catalina, many years later. [...]
Neverbored's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 19 August 2016
12 Photos
Created 23 July 2013

Neverbored

Who: Chris & Sheila
Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada

Our Current Position