Neverland Journey

Adventures since 2011

Sail to Salta Island

This morning we made a quick shopping spree through the small town of Skradin. We went to the butcher shop for fresh meat, the bakery for fresh bread, the market for bottled water and finally a vegetable stand for fresh fruit and vegies. The vegetable stand was real special. The lady kept suggesting different things before we decided we had enough. She would throw the produce on the scale; play with the weights very quickly and eventually came up with a price for everything. She even threw in something that we’re not sure what it is but she assured us we would like it and it is good for us.
Today we had the best sailing day this trip. We covered approximately 40 nautical miles, 30 of which were under sail. We left the marina near the national park around 9:40 and motored the 10 miles back out to the sea. We stopped to buy a kg of mussels from one of the farmers that line the river, had them for dinner and they were great. The wind built up all day to an estimated 15 – 20 knots. We stayed between a broad reach and a run all afternoon. The boat topped out at 7.8 knots but one time I saw the meter at over 8 knots for a fleeting moment. I don’t recall very many days when we have made greater than 6 knots for most of the day but this was one of them.
Mike

Comments