Neverland Journey

Adventures since 2011

Down Time

After spending the past weeks with our families and the long passages to get to the Canaries we decided we needed a little down time. So we decided to anchor out for Monday evening to Wednesday. On Monday we walked to the border police station at the Arrecife commercial dock to check in and get my passport stamped. Monica has a Dutch passport so doesn�'t need to get hers stamped within the EU. When we checked in at the marina on Friday we completed a form that would allow us to stay within 10 km of Arrecife without passport stamp. The Police office had already closed for the weekend so we had to wait until Monday. We also did a little shopping and bought a fishing pole and some lures. Hopefully we will be able to have some fresh fish along the way to St Lucia.

Monday we motored about 20 miles to get to an anchorage at the south end of Lanzarote. We stayed here 2 nights and have been very relaxed. Since we have been on Lanzarote the weather has warmed up so we can sit out and soak up some sun. It still cools off at night which makes it good for sleeping. This afternoon we will start the 100 mile passage to Las Palmas to meet up with the rally folks. We should arrive late morning tomorrow the 31 Oct. We are looking forward to the many activities, seminars and safety inspection from the World Cruising Club (WCC) and to start to meet some of the participants.

Comments