Neverland Journey

Adventures since 2011

Yachts as far as the eye can see

Friday 13 Dec we sailed from Rodney Bay to Sainte Anne on the southern end of Martinique. There is a significant concentration of cruising yachts in this bay and the Cul de Sac du Marin with the guide reporting as many as 2500 boats anchored here on a busy weekend. It literally is yachts as far as the eye can see. Yesterday we went up the Cul de Sac to pick up a mooring ball at the marina to do a little shopping for the next leg. After making circles in the channel for about 45 minutes the marina reported there were none available. We came back out to St Anne and anchored in the bay again.

Last night we went to Sainte Anne and had a wonderful lobster dinner at the waterfront restaurant. We arrived early for dinner so we were obligated to have some drinks as we watched the sun setting. The ride back to the boat in the dark was uneventful. We had anchored at the very end of the anchorage so it made it easier to locate the boat in the dark.

Today we are going to a smaller bay on the west coast called Grand Anse d�'Arlet. There are reportedly many turtles that come into the bay and people are swimming along with them. We haven�'t seen a turtle since we left the Med and Monica has them on her to sight list.

Comments