12 June 2006 | Sydney Australia
08 June 2006 | Hon Tre island Nha trang
07 June 2006 | Leaving Whale Island
06 June 2006 | North of Nha Trang
05 June 2006 | Whale Island, North of Nha Trang
04 June 2006 | North of Nha Trang Vietnam
03 June 2006 | North of Nha Trang Vietnam
02 June 2006 | Nha Trang
29 May 2006
22 May 2006
14 May 2006 | Sydney Aus

Riang Ria

02 June 2006 | Nha Trang
We boarded our yacht today, Riang Ria a 37 foot Jeanaeu ... noice !
First arvo was a tough introduction to Di for our trip as this was a rather busy port and it took her a little while to learn what rope went where, not to mention a solid upwind leg straight out of port in 15 knts to hit our firtst nights destination.. A few cusses and death stares but we are well on our way to Hon Tre Island and our first destination for the night.
We are told of a nice beach front restaurant but after we anchor and I dinghy ashore I find the locals on the beach playing volleyball near the wharf.
Im tempted to play, but Di is still on the boat and we need to sort out dinner and anchorage for the night.
I speak to some guy on the beach and ask if we can get food here, but he tells me, "Not for where you come from"... I wander around the place and it looks like we will not be eating here tonight.
So dinner on the boat it is, Di does a great steak and veg but neither of us sleep well as we have some chop bouncing us around, and Di is a little worried about the whole floating fishing village thing around us... we pulled anchor at first light.
Comments
Vessel Name: Riang Ria
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 37
Crew: Ben and Di Brand
About: My lovely Wife (well she will be by the time we start sailing) Di