Dransfields on the high seas

09 November 2010
03 November 2010 | Somewhere off Port Stephens
26 October 2010 | Brisbane River
01 October 2010
20 September 2010 | Bundaberg QLD
07 September 2010 | Noumea, New Caledonia
26 August 2010
11 August 2010 | Musket Cove Fiji
26 July 2010 | Fiji
17 July 2010 | Tonga
15 July 2010 | Vava'u, Tonga
30 June 2010
21 June 2010 | On passage to Tonga
25 May 2010 | Tahiti,
20 May 2010 | The Tuamotu Islands
07 May 2010 | Nuka Hiva, French Polynesia
26 April 2010 | En route to the Marquesas
19 April 2010 | The Pacific Ocean
16 April 2010 | The Pacific Ocean
05 April 2010 | Galapagos

Arrival in Split

04 September 2009 | Split, Croatia
First Mate Hels
After a frantic week packing up the house and moving to my mum's at Greenwich Hels and the troops headed off to Hong Kong for a 2 day stopover. We were spoilt rotten by Kimberley (JD's sister) and Roly and the Chubb family (dear friends Justine and Greg and kiddies). We arrived in Split on Monday, kids very excited to be reunited with Skipper JD. The weather has been really hot but thanfully the marina is right next to some beautiful beaches so swims all round are the order of the day. We have now completed the customs export and got to sail out to the outer island Vis to satisfy the police that we had been to Italy and back (a weird formality when you export a boat). Nika is now dressed with the Aussie flag looking resplendent - although as there is so much work to do down below is a bit of a building site!!! Thanks to Craig Chalk and a bunch of friendly Croatians we are powering through the job list while I keep kids entertained and on track with the dreaded school work (not much done to date but hoping for some more enthusiasm soon). Kids having a ball riding around in the rubby ducky on their own - Captain Tykes the original rev head is a complete boat boy and is much more chilled than on land which is quite interesting!! Split is a beautiful town with lovely old buildings and lots to see. Ivana and Pasko the previous owners have been legendary in their support as we bumble along trying to fit our mass of gear for a year in our lovely Nika. The comms are not quite set up yet so we are unable to skype or use our sat phone but soon we will be in the high tech boat world!! Grandad Pirate Pete arrives on the weekend and estimated departure is around 7-8 September. Until next time, Dovajena (goodbye in Croatian)
Comments
Vessel Name: Nika
Vessel Make/Model: Bavaria 46 Cruiser
Hailing Port: Sydney
Crew: Skipper JD, Bosun Boy Jesse, Zodiac Zoe, Captain Tykes, First Mate Hels
About: Hail from Curl Curl on Sydney's beautiful Northern Beaches. Love of adventure, and the good life!
Extra: Saturday 6 November 2010 - we arrive back in Sydney at Middle Harbour Y.C. at 1:00 - the end of the voyage...

Nika Profile

Who: Skipper JD, Bosun Boy Jesse, Zodiac Zoe, Captain Tykes, First Mate Hels
Port: Sydney