Ocean 40

The dream begins with the building of the boat that will take us around the World.

05 June 2014 | Auckland
05 June 2014 | Auckland
28 May 2014 | Auckland
28 May 2014 | Auckland
28 February 2013
28 February 2013
28 February 2013
28 February 2013 | Auckland
28 February 2013 | Auckland
11 November 2012 | Auckland
11 November 2012 | Auckland
11 November 2012 | Auckland
20 October 2012 | Auckland
20 October 2012 | Auckland
20 October 2012 | Auckland
20 October 2012 | Auckland
20 October 2012 | Auckland
14 September 2012 | Auckland
24 June 2012 | Auckland
23 June 2012 | Auckland

Another 15 months

28 May 2014 | Auckland
Wow who would have thought another 15 months since our last post and we still have not launched!
Toe rail completed and varnished - minor touch-up still required due to painter mishaps when doing the hull.
All the internal doors/frames are fitted. (Forward cabin/pilot and head).
Bed edgings fitted.
The engine box has been made.
A cupboard in the space between the engine and cockpit floor has been made.
Engine room insulation completed.
Gas pipe and hoses run (just needs testing).
Hole in hull (previous owner) repaired ready for painting. Soft spots (repairs by previous owner) around shaft tube, back of keel and skeg were ground out and repaired ready for painting.
Through hull fittings are in and connected up.
Bulkhead trims and trim around the mast step. Hatch trims laminated and fitted.
All electrical/electronic wiring complete to 99% and circuits tested. In the process we have since replaced the fans with Hella Turbo Fans as the initial ones where far too noisy. I hope Hella are true to their advertising.
Hull faired and painted (5 months). It took sooooo long but it looks absolutely amazing. Terry and Nick have done a fantastic job fairing, sanding and spraying the hull. They have definitely put in some tedious hours of longboarding the get the shape just perfect. However, frustrating the time it was taking and the dollars we have spent the finished job is perfect and the Majestic Blue looks stunning.
The graphics were put on today by Chris Field and they set it off beautifully.
Bench edges are complete. Freezer top fitted.
Vinyl (holly & teak) is laid in the galley/nav area. Only the hatch covers to complete.
Morris is putting the finishing touches to the intermediate grab rails and the internal ladder.
Mast rewired, lights, vhf, wind instrument, radar reflector installed. Lower spreaders complete. Upper spreaders requiring some work to complete.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ocean 40
Vessel Make/Model: Reynolds Ocean 40
Hailing Port: Auckland, New Zealand
Crew: Morris & Sue McLeary

Owners

Who: Morris & Sue McLeary
Port: Auckland, New Zealand