S/V Odyssey

1979 CSY 44 Walk-Over, center-cockpit, cutter

01 November 2015 | Home in Calabasas
08 July 2015 | Channel Islands Harbor
08 July 2015 | Dana Point Harbor
08 July 2015 | Kona Kai Marina, San Diego Harbor
08 July 2015 | Marina Coral, Ensenada MX
08 July 2015 | Turtle Bay and north
08 July 2015 | Enroute
08 July 2015 | Enroute to Turtle Bay
08 July 2015 | Enroute to Los Cabos
08 July 2015 | Marina De La Paz
25 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
25 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
10 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
07 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
07 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
04 June 2015 | Puerto Los Gatos
04 June 2015 | Isla San Francisco at "the Hook" and the north anchorage
04 June 2015 | Isla San Francisco
04 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz, Caleta Lobos

Two nights in Caleta Partida

16 June 2014 | Caleta Partida
Bill
06/05/14
This morning dawned clear and windy. We all slept late due to the tough conditions last night. After breakfast we weighed anchor and headed for nearby Calita Partida, a mere 3 miles away. Calita Partida is part of a collapsed crater, and is located between the two islands of Isla Partida and Espiritu Santo.

We anchored in 20', and quickly jumped in to cool off. Susan went snorkeling, while Cody and I went paddle boarding. We had a bit of a scare when we were unable to locate Susan, but it turned out that she had managed to cover a lot of distance in the water. The weather was clear and breezy, until late afternoon, when strong winds from the southwest came up (Corumuels). The winds blew until the next morning, but we were comfortable.

Cody did some fishing and caught several types of puffer fish, while losing hooks to the sharp toothed critters. I had been bragging about the abundance of sea turtles here, so of course, they were limited in number this time. I installed 3 cabin fans to help us sleep more comfortably in the heat. After dinner we watched a movie and called it a night.

06/06/14
This morning was sunny with some clouds, and still windy. We decided that we would stay another night here due to the shelter from the wind. After breakfast we all loaded up our dive stuff and took the dinghy a couple of miles to a great diving site. We saw all kinds of fish, starfish, urchins, and a couple of eels and lobsters. After not seeing any fish worth spearing, I ended up spearing two Pargo right near our anchored dinghy. They will taste great tonight. Cody tried his hand at spearing, but didn't get anything this time. Susan really enjoyed the variety of life on the reef, especially compared to yesterday's dive.

A stiff breeze came up in the afternoon (15+ knots), keeping everything cool and comfortable. Cody fished from the boat, landing a couple of Bullseye Puffer fish. We left the sun shade up, waiting for a break in the wind, which didn't come. We watched a movie after dinner with the wind howling outside. When ex were ready for bed, we wrestled the sun shade down, which now had a couple of broken fiberglass poles. Damn! The wind blew all night at 20-25 knots, creating some pretty good chop on the water. I woke up and checked things on deck several times, but the anchor was holding well and nothing blew overboard.

Comments
Vessel Name: S/V Odyssey
Vessel Make/Model: Caribbean Sailing Yacht (CSY) 44, W/O
Hailing Port: Ensenada De La Paz, BCS, Mexico
Crew: Bill, Susan, Cody and Kyle and friends
About: Bill and Kyle, along with crew, brought Odyssey to Mexico in November, 2013, with the Baja-Haha. She now lies in La Paz, BCS. Family and friends will come to share experiences in the Sea of Cortez.
Extra: I am planning to cruise the Sea of Cortez for at least a year, and then maybe do the "puddle jump" to the south pacific.
S/V Odyssey's Photos - Main
These are pics from our ten days in La Paz, including 5 nights at anchor.
28 Photos
Created 21 January 2015
Videos from our trips
No Photos
Created 11 July 2014
6 days at the islands, swimming with whale sharks
87 Photos
Created 16 June 2014
Local Islands near La Paz
11 Photos
Created 27 January 2014
La Paz pictures
No Photos
Created 27 January 2014
Assorted pictures of Odyssey.
3 Photos
Created 4 October 2013
Improvements and upgrades of Odyssey
9 Photos
Created 4 October 2013