S/V Odyssey

1979 CSY 44 Walk-Over, center-cockpit, cutter

01 November 2015 | Home in Calabasas
08 July 2015 | Channel Islands Harbor
08 July 2015 | Dana Point Harbor
08 July 2015 | Kona Kai Marina, San Diego Harbor
08 July 2015 | Marina Coral, Ensenada MX
08 July 2015 | Turtle Bay and north
08 July 2015 | Enroute
08 July 2015 | Enroute to Turtle Bay
08 July 2015 | Enroute to Los Cabos
08 July 2015 | Marina De La Paz
25 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
25 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
10 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
07 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
07 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz
04 June 2015 | Puerto Los Gatos
04 June 2015 | Isla San Francisco at "the Hook" and the north anchorage
04 June 2015 | Isla San Francisco
04 June 2015 | Marina De La Paz, Caleta Lobos

Caleta Partida and Friends

21 January 2015 | Caleta Partida
Bill, stormy and cold
01/14/15
After another calm night, I awoke to a sky that looked like rain was coming. Not a ripple on the water, but dark angry clouds above. We discussed where our last night at anchor will be, but left it open, depending on the weather and how we feel. Even with the clouds, the scenery is breathtaking. We were underway by 10:00 am, with the threat of stormy weather. The wind came up strongly from the north, basically at our back. We motored with different sails in the rolling following swells. By the time we made it to Isla Partida we were cold, which was very alien, and even welcomed by me. The first anchorage that we cruised into was Ensenada Grande, which has three individual coves. There were lots of boats there and they did not seem to be sheltered from the wind, which was blowing 20+ knots. So we continued further south to Caleta Partida, which is a large sheltered anchorage that divides the two islands.

We dropped anchor next to my good friend Jordan, who was out here fishing with some friends aboard his motor. Yacht, Sea Witch. We did some long overdue cleaning up and reorganizing inside Odyssey. As we were busy cleaning a helicopter carrying government officials came and landed on the strip of land between the two islands. We later learned that they were assessing hurricane damage (Hurricane Odile, August 2014) with the intent to disperse funds to the locals.

Susan and I were invited over to Sea Witch for cocktails and fresh Ceviche. We met Jordan's friends and ended up staying for a homemade lasagna dinner. We swapped stories about boats and fishing, with Vinnie explaining how he dropped one of the trolling rods overboard while battling a huge fish! After looking around Jordan's boat, Susan declared that we were going to buy a motor boat and ditch the sailboat. She points out the we usually end up motoring everywhere anyway. We shall see. After a short dinghy ride back to Odyssey, we went to bed, with the north winds howling through the rigging.

Comments
Vessel Name: S/V Odyssey
Vessel Make/Model: Caribbean Sailing Yacht (CSY) 44, W/O
Hailing Port: Ensenada De La Paz, BCS, Mexico
Crew: Bill, Susan, Cody and Kyle and friends
About: Bill and Kyle, along with crew, brought Odyssey to Mexico in November, 2013, with the Baja-Haha. She now lies in La Paz, BCS. Family and friends will come to share experiences in the Sea of Cortez.
Extra: I am planning to cruise the Sea of Cortez for at least a year, and then maybe do the "puddle jump" to the south pacific.
S/V Odyssey's Photos - Main
These are pics from our ten days in La Paz, including 5 nights at anchor.
28 Photos
Created 21 January 2015
Videos from our trips
No Photos
Created 11 July 2014
6 days at the islands, swimming with whale sharks
87 Photos
Created 16 June 2014
Local Islands near La Paz
11 Photos
Created 27 January 2014
La Paz pictures
No Photos
Created 27 January 2014
Assorted pictures of Odyssey.
3 Photos
Created 4 October 2013
Improvements and upgrades of Odyssey
9 Photos
Created 4 October 2013