2 clueless day skippers with Patience

Goodbye Sunshine, hello rain

06 January 2022
Donna Smith
We have had our Ryan Air flights cancelled and now we are flying home 10 days earlier than planned.
Bit of a bummer, but hey ho, worse things happen at sea! - Gosh - What am I saying? That is probably one of the most inappropriate things to ever say on a sailing blog- please forget I said that, especially friends and family who worry about us when we sail offshore and have no phone signal- oops sorry !!!

Had our COVID tests and are 'fit to fly' The guy in the pharmacy was brutal when he swabbed our noses. To say he brought tears to our eyes was an understatement.
I think in a previous life he was Egyptian and his job was to remove the brains of the Pharos before they were mummified and entombed!

After that ordeal, we needed a beer so we sauntered down to Bar Roma for a swift Peroni before meeting the yachtie gang. We had arranged to have a drink and farewell pizza, which turned out to be another great evening. Pizza was delicious and the restaurant gave us complimentary coffee and after dinner shots. Ricky and I followed Barbara's lead and ordered the same as her , which I'm afraid I have forgotten the name of. It was red, fruity and not too strong. The hard arse sailors, Wolfgang and Roger ordered grappa - no thank you. In my humble opinion grappa looks and tastes like white board cleaner (not that I have obviously ever drank wipe board cleaner, but if I do I am sure it would taste like grappa!)

We spent our last day getting the boat ready to leave till the Summer, when we hope to be back sailing again. I made lists, Ricky did most of the jobs and I ticked them off. It's a great partnership!

Our time has flown by, we are sad to leave Italy, especially the sunsets, but looking forward to seeing you folks at home. We arrive back on the 7th now, so once we get the all clear that we haven't contacted COVID on the plane home we'll be free to see you all x

Patience Out xx
Comments
Vessel Name: Patience
Vessel Make/Model: Moody376
Hailing Port: Haslar , Gosport , England
Crew: Ricky and Donna
About: 2023 Still clueless , but having fun !
Patience's Photos - Main
Having fun with Gormley’s statues , whilst soaking up the history of the Ancient site of Delos with Debs and Gordon
10 Photos
Created 6 July 2019
Sad times as evidence is piling up on our shores confirming that we are not looking after our planet.
4 Photos
Created 1 June 2019
Look and you may see
6 Photos
Created 19 April 2019
4 Photos
Created 21 October 2016
10 Photos
Created 29 September 2015
10 Photos
Created 29 September 2015
8 Photos
Created 27 July 2015
12 Photos
Created 17 May 2015
8 Photos
Created 31 December 1969