Adventures Aboard Oh,My!

07 January 2014 | St. Augustine, FL
10 July 2013 | North Palm Beach
31 May 2013 | Nassau Harbor Club Hotel and Marina
18 May 2013
10 May 2013
08 May 2013
06 May 2013
26 April 2013
22 April 2013
21 April 2013
16 April 2013 | Nassau Harbor Club Hotel and Marina
12 April 2013 | Brown's Marina
05 April 2013 | Alicetown
03 April 2013 | Alicetown
01 April 2013 | Key Biscayne
24 March 2013 | South Beach, FL
13 March 2013 | Riveria Beach, FL
04 March 2013 | Riveria Beach, FL

Fun Day in Bimini

05 April 2013 | Alicetown
Phyllis Pardee
Another good day in Bimini. We finally got my Ipad working yesterday thanks to the nice ladies Ellodie and Judy at the Batelco office. See their picture in our album!
We woke up early to run up to get fresh coconut bread from Charlie's to find a sign on the door saying "No Bread Today"....bummer!!! We still had the golf cart so took a ride out to the beach to look for sea glass....I want to start a jar of glass to save from throughout our travels and am off to a good start. We stopped at another bakery and picked up a loaf of plain Bahamian bread that was still warm from the oven--and we each got a snack for the road since we didn't eat before leaving the boat. I wanted a conch shell to take back home so we stopped amidst the piles along the water front and chose one....I asked a guy if it was okay and he looked at me like I was nuts and said "take em all"..LOL The supply boat came in yesterday so we shopped at a couple of grocery stores and got tomatoes and green bananas and another dozen eggs. I was looking for pie filling in a can but all I could find was cherry and was $6.25 so I just didn't buy it there although Bill did spring for a small can of sweetened condensed milk for $2.45! Weather came in during the evening and over night and we had thunder, lightning and rain. Thought it was all gone but its blowing hard right now and just rained again. Last night at the potluck a guy told us about a lady that sells food out of the trunk of her car so of course I had to go find Sister John this morning. Very nice lady with a nice smile and great laugh! We bought a plate of mac and cheese with BBQ chicken, rice and peas for $8...it was yummy too!! I have enjoyed talking with the local people and we gave rides to anyone that needed one in the golf cart yesterday and this morning. There is only one "main" road and its a busy street....driving on the wrong side of the street was different and I was constantly telling Bill "you're on the wrong side" again. Not sure if we are leaving here tomorrow or just changing marinas and waiting for the wind to slow down some. Will keep you posted.
Comments
Vessel Name: Oh,My!
Vessel Make/Model: DeFever 44 Sundeck
Hailing Port: New Bern, NC
Crew: Bill and Phyllis Pardee
About: Retired and ready to go! We moved aboard in November 2012 after selling house and quitting work. We have sailed for many years and dreamed of just leaving with no schedules involved. That dream has come true and we are Caribbean bound.
Extra: We decided in Georgetown, Exumas to come back to the USA and buy a bigger boat.....we have the Cabo Rico up for sale with Curtis Stokes and have purchased a 1985 DeFever Sundeck Cruiser.

Cruising Adventures Aboard Oh,My!

Who: Bill and Phyllis Pardee
Port: New Bern, NC