Adventures Aboard Oh,My!

07 January 2014 | St. Augustine, FL
10 July 2013 | North Palm Beach
31 May 2013 | Nassau Harbor Club Hotel and Marina
18 May 2013
10 May 2013
08 May 2013
06 May 2013
26 April 2013
22 April 2013
21 April 2013
16 April 2013 | Nassau Harbor Club Hotel and Marina
12 April 2013 | Brown's Marina
05 April 2013 | Alicetown
03 April 2013 | Alicetown
01 April 2013 | Key Biscayne
24 March 2013 | South Beach, FL
13 March 2013 | Riveria Beach, FL
04 March 2013 | Riveria Beach, FL

Allen's Cay

21 April 2013
Phyllis Pardee
We anchored early in the afternoon at Allen's Cay....another beautiful spot!
After hearing so much about the Iguana's we were quick to pop in the dinghy and head to the shore. I was amazed! The Iguana's hear you coming and head out of the brush to come to the beach for food. Feeding them is really not encouraged but that doesn't stop the tour boats bringing bags of grapes for the tourists to throw to the critters. I opted to NOT get out of the dinghy and we just rode back and forth to take a few pictures.
Anchorage was rocky the first night with current swells so the next morning we changed position and had a much nicer night. Bill and I rode all around looking at things and walked on another beach where there were only a few iguanas. We had a big rain shower and it was nice to wash the salt off the boat. There were other boats in the anchorage and when a new one would come in and get too close to some we enjoyed watching all the finger pointing and posturing going on to make someone move along. Its a big anchorage folks......
Comments
Vessel Name: Oh,My!
Vessel Make/Model: DeFever 44 Sundeck
Hailing Port: New Bern, NC
Crew: Bill and Phyllis Pardee
About: Retired and ready to go! We moved aboard in November 2012 after selling house and quitting work. We have sailed for many years and dreamed of just leaving with no schedules involved. That dream has come true and we are Caribbean bound.
Extra: We decided in Georgetown, Exumas to come back to the USA and buy a bigger boat.....we have the Cabo Rico up for sale with Curtis Stokes and have purchased a 1985 DeFever Sundeck Cruiser.

Cruising Adventures Aboard Oh,My!

Who: Bill and Phyllis Pardee
Port: New Bern, NC