Okwa Naholo

Turbodog Goes Back To The Bahamas..

29 November 2014
14 November 2014
11 November 2014 | Pass Christian Marina, MS
29 September 2014

Oak Harbor Marina.. Here We GO!! Roman's Here!

01 November 2014
Jolie/COLD
After weeks of non-stop, our days finally seem to be getting a little less hectic. On Wednesday Dave & Bob sailed the boat from Lil Isla to Oak Harbor Marina where we will hang out for a week or so to tidy up loose ends and visit with friends and family.

After getting the boat to the Marina and secured, we went back home to greet our house-sitters Karl & Pat, and their dog Chica, who had driven down from their home base in Canada. They are long time cruisers who are sitting this season out. The universe works in funny ways and we are lucky to have found them and such a mutually beneficial situation. We are almost as excited for them to get to know the bayou, Louisiana, our friends, neighbors and culture as much as we are for our own adventures. Thursday evening we enjoyed a Saints win at Bob & Sandys.. WHO DAT!!!

Turbodog seems to be adjusting fine to boat life, being leased, having to be taken for walks, etc.

Today we picked up Roman and while he may be a little confused about the whole situation he is quickly getting used to Marina life and just brought back a friend to show him the boat and ran back out to play soccer. We are preparing now to snuggle up with the heater on, pop some popcorn and have movie night..

We are slowly easing back into this and getting to know the boat again.. Stowing, organizing, remembering what switch turns on what... what is stored where. We are at Oak Harbor Marina, Slip 710.. Come by and have a drink!
Comments
Vessel Name: Okwa Naholo
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft, 37 ft Crealock
Hailing Port: Bayou Lacombe/New Orleans, Louisiana
Crew: David, Jolie & TurboDog
Extra:
David & Jolie found their home on Bayou Lacombe in 1992 when searching for a place to keep their "future" sailboat. That first sailboat "Gusto" came soon after. A 27 ft Pearson on which many weekends and holidays were spent with friends and family sailing around Lake Ponchartrain, The [...]

Who: David, Jolie & TurboDog
Port: Bayou Lacombe/New Orleans, Louisiana