Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

Living Aboard in the winter & all that comes with it!

30 November 2010
Darren and I had a fantastic weekend tending to boat chores and decorating the boat in Xmas lights! This past weekend the sun shone for a little bit allowing us to tend to a few very water logged items tucked away in our cock pit storage that has developed a bit of a leak. Alarming? Not at all, it is a boat afterall and these are the little persistent challenges we have to embrace with our lifestyle choice! That being said, putting up the Xmas lights was by far my highlight of our outdoor time this weekend! For those of you who know us, I'm full of Xmas cheer all year round and Darren pretends to be scrooge all the while actually enjoying the holiday season and the celebrations that come along with it! There is always something extra special about decorating the boats in lights and having our boat set apart from others in the marina.

Last night we endured an unbelievable storm with steady gusts of wind to 90km and rain that set off the automatic bilge pump more than I have ever heard before. Darren was out regularly to re-tie our lines while chatting with neighbours that were out doing the same thing, while I sit and listen from inside to the commraderie that happens along the dock during a storm.

We sit tonight cuddled up in our our boat and the ocean is as calm as glass. Such a contrast to last night where we went out to eat dinner as the thought of cooking, eating and doing dishes in the midst of the storm would have only resulted in seasickness. Oh the amazement of mother nature!

With that in mind, Carpe Diem (seize the day) as one never truly knows what the future or mother nature holds in store....live today and enjoy as if it were your last!

Until next time.......
Love & hugs,
xoxxo

Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.