Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

Time to catch up!

25 May 2011
It's been awhile now since moving to our new neighbourhood in Victoria and we have settled in nicely. It was a very natural transition for us and we are really enjoying the changes they have made to the marina and park here.

Our dock feels like its own little neighbourhood, separate from the other docks and everyone is very friendly. Of course in usual boating fashion, the sun has come out a few times making meeting people over happy hours a fun time!

We are of course enjoying being close to our son and I am very grateful to have the "impromptu" visits back in my life once again! Especially when it includes setting another couple places at the dinner table!

There are several tourist attraction drawing visitors to our neighbourhood. One of the them is feeding the seals! There are three to five seals that hover in front of the local fish market down on the dock here and for a small fee the market will sell you fish to feed them. They put on a great show and the small children just love it! Coming back from a morning walk with Missy we stopped off to see if any of the seals would make an appearance and one brave one did! Missy wasn't sure what to make of it, and I was lucky enough to get a photo!

To sum things up, we are both very grateful! Darren has found a job in the glass industry that he is really enjoying which is wonderful! As for myself, I currently require some extra rest so I'm working on my tan whenever I get the chance, so I'll be back in top form again soon!
Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.