Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

First Weekend of Summer!

27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
Wow! It is official, on the calendar summer has arrived! To celebrate last weekend, we headed up the Gorge waterway, for a picnic lunch and to soak up the rays while they were here. Darren & Missy in the "solar powered dinghy" and me in my kayak! It was a beautiful, peaceful time, admiring nature at it's finest. We came upon the seal pictured above as he was busy enjoying catching some rays as well. Missy loved the adventure, and let us know with a few whimpers that she didn't like when I paddled out of her ear shot! It was really quite cute & of course we enjoyed teasing her along the way!

The following day we decided to ignore the predicted forecast, using our own weather skills, in hopes of getting out & putting the sails up. Darren had recently made a propellor change to Orion and was eager to get out and try it. My quest was for more sunshine (really, who can ever have enough) the peace of the sails up, and the sound of the water bubbling under the hull!

We got lucky that day, the propellor met Darren's approval, the sun came out, we got the sails up, & you could hear the water running under the hull! Even Missy was smiling.....a successful day indeed!
Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.