Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

Cheers to Spring!

22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
The flowers are blooming, the birds are chirping, and this girl has a new found spring in her step!!! As much as I love and embrace our lifestyle living aboard, it is no secret that spring and summer are my definite favorites! Thankfully Darren pulls out all the stops during the winter, ensuring the boat is warm, comfortably tied to the dock during storms, and preparing some absolutely delicious comfort meals aboard. Yes, I am one spoiled girl!

To update, after living in downtown Victoria for the past three years and making the most of sailing weekends when we could, we decided in February to move the boat to Sidney, which is known as the Gateway to the (B.C) Gulf Islands. This has increased our weekend sailing options immensely, and has us both very excited! Although missing our boating friends/neighbours, we are feeling really good about our decision. We have traded the busy Inner Harbour for peace and quiet, and a true walk about community. The community theme is nautical, which is lovely, and the sunrise and sunsets are so spectacular they take your breath away!

Missy has done well making the adjustment to her new neighbourhood also. We have several walking options at the top of the ramp, and she decides when we get there which one it will be today. There is also a sandy beach spot for her to romp around on, saving stray pieces of kelp whenever she gets the chance :)





Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.