Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

Petersburg, Alaska

24 July 2008
Hello again!

We had a wonderful time in Wrangell, Alaska! We originally intended to refuel there and continue on, but fuel wasn't available to us as it was Sunday. Seems so funny to have everything closed up on Sundays, but that is how it works here in Alaska! We decided to stay an extra day to tour around and see the sights since the sun started to shine through! The scenery pics are from the morning we were leaving and the fog broke for just a few minutes to allow for some pictures!

We are currently in Petersburg now and within "bergy bit" sightings! (Can't wait!) This is a quaint little "working" town that is not a cruise ship destination, which is refreshing for us actually! We have also been very fortunate to meet two new Canadian cruising friends here, Cliff and Orma aboard Skylark II which we always enjoy! They have travelled the world and of course we were very happy to listen to the stories of their adventures! We hope to pull out tomorrow in search of Glaciers, but the weather forecast will decide that for us this evening. Otherwise we will enjoy another day here which is great too! The sun shone again this morning and it was wonderful!

We are having the time of our lives, and learning lots along the way! Thank you again for joining us, and keep well until next time! xo
Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.