Another ICW Adventure

Orion's adventures and misadventures of 2012/13 ICW and Bahamas cruise.

02 June 2013 | Home
25 February 2013 | Marathon, Fl. Keys
17 January 2013 | Palm Beaches Florida
04 January 2013 | Daytona Beach to Texas
19 December 2012 | Palm Coast Florida
12 December 2012 | Fernandina Beach Florida
08 December 2012
02 December 2012 | Southport, N.C.
24 November 2012 | Reedville, VA to Coinjock, N.C.

Another funny noise

19 December 2012 | Palm Coast Florida
Walt / warm and sunny
This is how it all started. It was a warm and sunny day. We heard a squeal coming from the engine compartment. When it got louder, Walt investigated and learned that the engine water pump bearing and seal had failed. We throttled way back and limped into Palm Coast Marina, Florida. That was Friday afternoon. On Saturday morning we located a Yanmar parts supplier in Jacksonville, Fl. We learned it would be Monday morning before the warehouse in Tampa could confirm they had all the necessary parts. Monday noon; Tampa confirms they have all parts and delivery to the marina is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. Stuck here, we contact our Palm Coast friends Nancy and Peter Colket on Friday afternoon. We had dinner with them, tour their new house and catch up on what they have been doing since moving to the area this year. We spend most of Saturday with our friends Patricia and Ernie Gallo who shuttle us around to run errands, have lunch out and dinner at their house. We catch up with their busy lives. Finally we spend the afternoon Tuesday with Mary’s coworker Ann Buttler who took us to two of Palm Coast’s parks and tourist attractions. We had a good time visiting our friends here.
When we complete repairs, we will continue to Daytona where we will leave the boat for two weeks while we rent a car and drive to Texas to have Christmas with Walt’s sister and family in Frisco (outside Dallas). We will continue by driving to Austin to on time friends Ann and John Riney. Keep your fingers crossed that parts arrive as scheduled and repairs go without a hitch.
Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: Westsail 32
Hailing Port: Reedville, VA
Crew: Mary Frazer & Walt Keith
About: Sailing together for 30 years we completed our first ICW and Abaco Bahamas trip in 07-08. With the struggles of that trip a fading memory, Mary suggested she is ready to have another go at it, this time to the Exumas. So here we go!

Our Crew

Who: Mary Frazer & Walt Keith
Port: Reedville, VA