Breaking Free

28 March 2015
20 March 2015
13 March 2015
12 March 2015
11 March 2015
09 March 2015 | Equator
17 February 2015 | Las Pearlas Isl.
17 February 2015 | Panama
01 February 2015 | Panama!
08 January 2015 | Shelter Bay Marina
19 June 2014 | Panam
28 April 2014
17 April 2014
17 April 2014 | Nasca
13 April 2014
06 April 2014 | Panama
28 March 2014
10 March 2014 | San Blas
05 March 2014 | San Blas Panama

Lima

17 April 2014
Orlando
The most noticeable for me is how clean Peru is kept. There isn't liter anywhere and trash bins abound. The town squares usually called Plaza de Armas are well maintained and as in Latino cultures is where people congregate in the evening. A reality version of facebook. In Miraflores the subdivision of Lima where we stayed the Plaza de Armas has a concert pit about 100 feet across and 4 tiers deep. In the evening it was filled with people listening to locals whom brought their guitars and were singing popular songs. People danced too. One person borrowed a guitar and played a few songs like he was trained by Carlos Santana! Amazing. We returned nightly. A rock band set up one evening, which was a hit with young and old. They played Sweet Child of mine which the crowd danced to as if no one was watching. We got up for the Rush song Fly Away and Zeplans Long Time Sing i Rock and Rolled which brought cheers and hi 5s from the people seated next to us when we got off the floor! The cathedral on one side of the square has cats. We guessed about 75 cats for which people bring food for. Dawn bought a bag. As she put little piles of food along the walkways in the cathedral gardens the cats in their cat attitude would nibble some, leap frog the cat at the next pile and nibble a new pile. Cats were coming out of the gardens and disrupting the order. Dawn looked like the Pide Piper of cats with about 20 strung out behind her until the nuns in cat patrol jackets stopped her and insisted all the food go into the bowls. Dawn who never let the nuns totally control her snuck back later and laid out more piles to the joy of the cats!
Comments
Vessel Name: NIRVANA NOW
Vessel Make/Model: S&S North Atlantic 42
Hailing Port: Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Crew: Randy and Dawn Ortiz
About: Happy together and ready to break free!

Breaking free

Who: Randy and Dawn Ortiz
Port: Sault Ste. Marie Ontario