Cruising with Osprey

28 July 2011
27 July 2011
26 July 2011
25 July 2011
23 July 2011
17 July 2011
17 July 2011
16 July 2011
15 July 2011
14 July 2011
13 July 2011
08 July 2011

Winter Harbor

15 July 2011
We had to take advantage of the winds today and left Roque Island. This was tough as it was a beautiful day and it is so peaceful there - we could have happily stayed another day...or two. But away we came and were rewarded with a wonderful sail for a few hours at least. Once again the winds failed us and petered out but at least we were riding a favorable tide this time and so made good progress towards civilisation. The wind picked up again late afternoon and so we were rewarded with a gentle sail around Schoodic Point. From there we sailed into Winter Harbor and picked up one of the Yacht Club moorings. This is an old elegant club that is very hospitable to visiting yachtsmen - which is us! After tidying up Osprey we went for a brisk walk ashore and into the town of Winter Harbor which is quite picturesque. Then back to Osprey for cocktails. As we sat in the cockpit we were fascinated to watch an Osprey chase off a Bald Eagle, presumably away from it's nest. Considering that the Eagle was twice the size of the Osprey we were amazed to see that the Osprey won out.


Comments
Vessel Name: Osprey
Vessel Make/Model: Shannon38 #33
Hailing Port: East Greenwich, RI
Crew: Tom & Vicky Worosz
About: We have cruised to the Bahamas and back twice ad are now back on land for a while. This Summer (2012) we have outfitted ourseleves with motorcycles and are heading off for a month long "land cruise'

Who: Tom & Vicky Worosz
Port: East Greenwich, RI