Our Journeys

As the name implies this blog follows our journeys, wherever they may lead.

29 March 2020 | Green Valley, Az.
02 July 2018 | Ocean Park, Wa
19 October 2017 | Green Valley, Az.
20 June 2017 | Ocean Park, Wa.
31 December 2015 | Green Valley, Az
26 September 2015 | Pairasio Base, Green Valey, Az
31 May 2015 | Ocean Park, Wa.
31 December 2014 | Pairaiso Base Green Valley, Az
02 November 2014 | Green Valley, Az.
30 June 2014 | DBBB - Longbeach, Wa
28 October 2013 | Mesa, Az
29 May 2013 | Mckinney, Texas
31 March 2013 | Ocean Park, Washington
20 December 2011 | Mazatlan, Mexico
07 March 2011 | Mazatlan & State Side
29 January 2011 | Mazatlan

Playing Hookie & The Painting is Done

09 February 2010 | Mazatlan
The Skipper
Painting Done on fore deck

All the painting is finally done. I had to finish painting the hatches. Next I had to put non-skid down on the repaired spots and then paint them. I painted the round opening ports on the front of the cabin and all the paint dribble spots too.

We've started working the "Get Under way List" of projects. All the hardware we store below has been remounted outside including the wind generator. I still have to hookup the solar panels and debug a stern light that isn't working. The work goes on and on and on ......

Susan been busy sewing items that needed repair or replacement. She just finished a canvas dingy engine cover for when the engine is secured on deck.

We played "Hookie" from our boat projects on Febuary the 11th. We drove our car with six people and another car accompied us with another six people in it, down to Teacapan. Teacapan is located about 87 miles south of Mazatlan and is on the coast. This is small fishing town and snowbird wintering haven. Once there we hired a panga (click on the high lighted word to see the pictures) to take us out into the estuary to see the bird life. We saw lots of birds and some dolphin with their babies too! It was an hour an half ride, that cost each couple 150 pesos plus we each gave the driver and his helper a 20 pesos tip. (170p / 12.5= $13.60US) Then we went to a near by resturant and had a wonderful lunch. On our way back to Mazatlan we stopped briefly in the town of El Rosario to see the church but there was a funeral gong on so we left. We made this same trip in December of 2004. (click here to see those pictures)

We have decided that since we seem to be slow in leaving Mazatlan that when we actually leave we're going to head across the sea to La Paz. We'll spend some time there and then slowly work our way up to Puerto Escondido to attend the Loreto Fest. At least thats the plan now ... as always it's written in the sand at low tide!

Thanks for visiting our blog. More to follow for sure!
Comments
Vessel Name: Perpetua
Vessel Make/Model: 1964 Piver Victress Trimaran
Hailing Port: Portland, Oregon
Crew: Pat & Susan Canniff
About: Pat has owned Perpetua since 1975, she was built in 1964. Pat's dream started before he purchased Perpetua. Susan joined the dream 26 years ago. Together they made it a reality. We left our homeport in 1999, cruised down the Columbia River and turned left for points south.
Extra: Never let the dream fade. Pat once got an award, from his local yacht club, for having the longest 5 year plan, in the club. Create a plan, work the plan, and keep on dreaming.