We decided to head to the states on April 15th. In addition to the normal projects to put the boat to bed we always have a few extra surprises. This season in addition to to getting the refer back in order we discovered some dry rot around the pilothouse door and a few small cracks in the fiberglass deck. Neither of these were very big projects just time consuming and an unneeded interruption.
The refrigeration worked out very well. The repair guy cleaned and repaired the unit, reinstalled it and got it running great after only one call back checkup. The remaining projects took to the end of March, Then we had to get down to business and get the boat ready to leave.
As we worked the project list we came to point where we needed to close the through hulls. The water intake through hull in the head leaked when it was closed. Not much but enough to cause issues over time, like over the summer. This was easily solved by tightening up the ball value attachment nut a couple of times.
Next came the engine fresh water flush. During this task I discovered that the water intake value could not be closed. Plus during the investigation I punctured the intake hose. I left this project in the hands of my service provider to replace the value and hose. I had my summer boat care giver keep a close eye on the engine room bilge until it was fixed, which was done in June.
We left on the 15th and headed to San Carlos, one long days drive (545 miles).
Thanks for visiting our blog. More to follow for sure!