Log of Our Diamond

07 January 2018 | Blackpoint Exumas
07 January 2018 | Blackpoint
07 January 2018 | Staniel Cay
06 January 2018 | Warderwick Wells
23 December 2017 | The Grotto (Staniel Cay)
23 December 2017 | The Grotto (Staniel Cay)
23 December 2017 | Staniel Cay
18 December 2017 | Allan's Cay
17 December 2017
16 December 2017 | No Name Harbor
16 December 2017 | West Palm Beach
09 December 2017 | Stuart
09 December 2017 | Ft Pierce Inlet
09 December 2017 | New Smyrna Beach
30 November 2017
25 November 2017 | St Augustine, FL
24 November 2017 | St Mary's, GA
24 November 2017 | St. Mary's, GA
24 November 2017 | St Mary's, GA
18 November 2017 | Cumberland Island National Seashore

St Mary’s and Sub Museum

24 November 2017 | St Mary's, GA
Completed the 6 mile trip to St Mary’s from Cumberland Island Saturday afternoon after another walk on the beach to pick up shells and stretch some legs. After anchoring and making sure we are set we put on the dinghy motor and head to town for dinner at Seagles Saloon. We walk the town pier to look at all the hurricane damage that is slowly being repaired. Earlier this month they completed removing 35+ boats from the marina that was annihilated. Most of them ended up in the local marsh and two are still there as they cannot get to them with equipment to remove them. There are a total of three crane barges that are still working. In fact one is working 24 hour days to remove an old shrimp boat of about 70 feet that was sunk at Lang’s Marina East.

On Sunday we find out they expect to be done on Monday from the local sheriff that has the area blocked off to the public including access to the marina showers. On Sunday we also go to the sub museum and it is free as the lower floor exhibits had not been returned from storage after the hurricane evacuation. I guess it is good to protect the collection but you would think there would be more action to get it back together to show again as an income generator. We look at plaques and books and a kid’s movie about life on a submarine until Lana gets really bored (about an hour). The highlight is looking through the periscope at the anchor field but OUR DIAMOND is behind the palm tree. This museum compares more to the Man in the Sea Museum in Panama City Beach, FL. than the Undersea Warfare Museum in Keyport, WA. The Keyport museum is highly recommended. It is kind of weird touring the museum while there is a large international search ongoing off Argentina for the ARA SAN JUAN and seeing reference to the Submarine Rescue Command which Phoenix (my employer) is contracted to. Our crews mobilized gear last week to go to Argentina. Hope they have luck finding this sub.

Back at the boat we have a large throw together dinner of pasta and steak and other stuff which is really good. Then we move on to the second round of marbles challenge. I won’t bore you with the details but the results are as expected: 3-2 guys for a 6-2 total to date. The world is good. Tomorrow is a work day for me so Lana has arranged a local volunteer from the sail club to take her to the grocery store in the morning.
Comments
Vessel Name: OURDIAMOND
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 36 MkII
Hailing Port: Shady Side, MD.