Log of Our Diamond

07 January 2018 | Blackpoint Exumas
07 January 2018 | Blackpoint
07 January 2018 | Staniel Cay
06 January 2018 | Warderwick Wells
23 December 2017 | The Grotto (Staniel Cay)
23 December 2017 | The Grotto (Staniel Cay)
23 December 2017 | Staniel Cay
18 December 2017 | Allan's Cay
17 December 2017
16 December 2017 | No Name Harbor
16 December 2017 | West Palm Beach
09 December 2017 | Stuart
09 December 2017 | Ft Pierce Inlet
09 December 2017 | New Smyrna Beach
30 November 2017
25 November 2017 | St Augustine, FL
24 November 2017 | St Mary's, GA
24 November 2017 | St. Mary's, GA
24 November 2017 | St Mary's, GA
18 November 2017 | Cumberland Island National Seashore

Blotto in The Grotto (Shaken not Stirred)

23 December 2017 | The Grotto (Staniel Cay)
Late in the afternoon at low tide, the six of us went snorkeling at The Grotto for a James Bond party. This Grotto is the location where the scene that James Bond finds the bomb device in the underwater vehicle and fights off a few bad guys to determine it is one of the bombs that was hijacked was filmed. There are some old photos in the Staniel Cay yacht club of the crew filming and some of the props that were used. The Grotto is a small island (you could snorkel around the whole thing in about 30-45 minutes. It has four or five underwater entrances but one is just open at low tide to snorkel through so that is where we go in. Inside the island is about half hollow and the light filters in from the underwater caves which allows you to see all the small fish swimming, it is like being in a full aquarium with fish all around. There are three large holes in the roof about 30 feet above, so there is plenty of overhead light. The rock formations are quite interesting also.

We are there for a James Bond party so I have a bow tie on made from black electrical tape while Lana, Peter and Julie make (very strong) martinis, shaken not stirred of course. We even have a couple of throw cushions to make floating two and four tops to hold the drinks and mixers. I have Gatorade instead. There ends up being a water spot right in the middle of the Go Pro pictures and video but I get one selfie of the group.

All in all a good afternoon and the grotto is all ours for about 45 minutes until a tour boat with about 15 shows up. Two kids climbed to the top and jumped in while the others are snorkeling. Not for me as I am afraid of heights. They ask about all our asundry gear and we state we are filming a part for the next James Bond movie called Blotto in the Grotto. Don’t expect to see it any time soon on the big screen, I doubt it will even make the direct to DVD market.

The next day we are going to Blackpoint where we will stay through Christmas.
Comments
Vessel Name: OURDIAMOND
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 36 MkII
Hailing Port: Shady Side, MD.