Tom & Ollie Adventures

24 May 2013 | Beaufort, SC
20 May 2013
06 May 2013
04 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
28 April 2013
23 April 2013
18 April 2013
10 April 2013 | Abaco
06 April 2013 | Bahamas
20 March 2013 | 24 34.184N
09 March 2013
26 February 2013
10 February 2013
10 February 2013
03 February 2013
21 January 2013 | Venetician Causeway

Fowl Cay and Hope Town Cay

17 April 2013
On Monday the 16th, we decided to do something different. I started up the sailboats and sailed over to Fowl Cay. We anchored the big boat. Put our snorkeling gear on and then off we went in the dinghy to the coral reefs. This was the first time snorkeling for me since having both knees replaced. I got real tired. After the first reef, I rested in the dinghy and let Tom have fun. After that we took a shower in the cockpit and got ready to sail over to Hope Town. It was a nice sail. We anchored outside of Hope Town. We fixed dinner and watched the traffic go by--while doing that the Hope Town Light house started shining again. Tom thought I was imagining things as we were told that Hurricane Sandy damaged it. But she was shining very proudly.
Today we went into Hope Town. We walked around --then ate at Munchies which is a snack type place. Then we were trying to find a bar and grill on the ocean. We finally found it. Since there has been so much development--we had to go a different way. We finally made it--YES--it is call On The Beach Bar & Grill. We had a beer looking at the ocean. The guys were offering us all the time we needed to go shelling--Marcia and I turned them down--we wanted to save our energy to walk back. Great walk!!!!


Comments
Vessel Name: Our Freedom
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 39 Pilothouse Schooner
Hailing Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC
Crew: Tom & Ollie Foster
About: Both Tom and Ollie are retired and living their dreams!
Extra: This is the third cruise on Our Freedom. We are enjoying the extra space!

Our Freedom's Crew

Who: Tom & Ollie Foster
Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC