Tom & Ollie Adventures

24 May 2013 | Beaufort, SC
20 May 2013
06 May 2013
04 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
28 April 2013
23 April 2013
18 April 2013
10 April 2013 | Abaco
06 April 2013 | Bahamas
20 March 2013 | 24 34.184N
09 March 2013
26 February 2013
10 February 2013
10 February 2013
03 February 2013
21 January 2013 | Venetician Causeway

Back to Hope Town

23 April 2013
Before we left for Hope Town, we ate at Destiny Delight Cafe and had a great pulled pork pannie sandwich. Tom had a huge slice of Coconut Cream pie and I had a Destiny Delight custard pie. Both were great!!! Then we went to our dinghy--what a difference an hour can make--when we left the water was calm and the winds were not blowing. When we got to Government Dock--the ferry was having a terrible time backing up to the dock--finally made it. Shortly after we got on our boat we headed to Hope Town.

We wanted to have Happy Hour with Bill on Hali Kai--it has been about a year since we last saw each other. Jon and Marcia joined us --we showed Jon the fish that was swimming near the restaurant. Jon said "Where is my line when I need it." Shortly after we received our drinks--guess who walked into the restaurant--Reta and Larry Foster. We were surprised to see them. The waitress put us at a larger table. We found out that Reta has breast cancer and this was a trip she wanted to do. Please keep Reta in our prayers!!!!! They sold their home in Fairfield Harbor and now lives in Chockowinity. It was great seeing them and catching up. Then Jon and Marcia and Tom and I went over to the Hope Town Lodge to see the movie. It was very interesting!!
Time to walk to the On Da Beach Bar and Grill for lunch and hope we would see Larry and Reta again. They did not show. Marcia and I walked the beach for shells and sea glass. Then we sailed down to Tahiti Beach to be in place for the Full Moon celebration at Cracker P's tomorrow night.

Comments
Vessel Name: Our Freedom
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 39 Pilothouse Schooner
Hailing Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC
Crew: Tom & Ollie Foster
About: Both Tom and Ollie are retired and living their dreams!
Extra: This is the third cruise on Our Freedom. We are enjoying the extra space!

Our Freedom's Crew

Who: Tom & Ollie Foster
Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC