Tom & Ollie Adventures

24 May 2013 | Beaufort, SC
20 May 2013
06 May 2013
04 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
28 April 2013
23 April 2013
18 April 2013
10 April 2013 | Abaco
06 April 2013 | Bahamas
20 March 2013 | 24 34.184N
09 March 2013
26 February 2013
10 February 2013
10 February 2013
03 February 2013
21 January 2013 | Venetician Causeway

Fun Fun Fun

28 April 2013
After our second time at Hope Town, we went to Elbow Cay near the Tahiti Beach--so we could go to Cracker P's Bar and Grill for the New Moon Party. We were told we had to get there early to get a seat. They were right!! We got there about 5:30 pm and met several boats we knew. We finally ate at 7:00 pm It was buffet style and the food was great. We left about 9:00 pm and there were people standing in line for a seat. They had music to dance to. Plenty of food, drinks, and music--and of coarse the Full Moon. It was fun!!!!!

We left Elbow Cay near Tahiti Beach because the Johnson Foundry at Pete's Pub at Little Harbor was going to pour a bronze mold today. When we almost got there, we called since we did not know what time the pouring would be. We found out that there was a problem with the firing and it would not be done today. We continued to Little Harbor so we could have lunch at Pete's Pub--I have conch burger and Tom had a regular hamburger--we both got a rum Blaster drink. After lunch Marcia and I walked the beach for shells and glass. We did not find too much. Then we all walked over to the Johnson Foundry--and yes they were fixing the mold and the statue they were making.

Since it was early in the day, we moved over to Lanier Cay for more protection. The next day when the tide was low--we went to the cay and walked the beaches. I found a star fish and many other shells. It was fun. The guys walked over the area to the ocean side to see if there was a beach--the answer was NO--so the girls did not go to the ocean side. Marcia found a life Triumph Conch--they researched how to get the conch out without damaging the shell--many said to freeze it--so they did.

The next day we were going to snorkel; however, the wind made the waves very high and short in intervals--no snorkeling today. So back we went to Elbow Cay and Tahiti Beach. As we were traveling, we saw a pod of dolphins and they swam with us for about five minutes. They kept jumping and swimming with us. When the tide was out the beach was great to walk on. I found more star fish, sand dollar and many other shells--no sea glass--this is not the ear for sea glass.

Tomorrow is back to Hope Town for lunch and shopping and then to Marsh Harbor for shopping and laundry and also wait out some bad weather. Then we plan to go back to Green Turtle Cay for their Family Festival. We also plan to celebrate Marcia's 60th birthday.

We stay very busy and having fun!!!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Our Freedom
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 39 Pilothouse Schooner
Hailing Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC
Crew: Tom & Ollie Foster
About: Both Tom and Ollie are retired and living their dreams!
Extra: This is the third cruise on Our Freedom. We are enjoying the extra space!

Our Freedom's Crew

Who: Tom & Ollie Foster
Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC