OUR LI'L CHICKADEE

15 May 2009 | WHITE ROCK, BC
10 September 2007 | Beaufort, South Carolina
31 August 2007 | HIlton Head Island, South Carolina
15 July 2007
21 June 2007 | Westerville, Ohio
01 June 2007 | MAYNE ISLAND, BC

OUR LI'L CHICKADEE

31 August 2007 | HIlton Head Island, South Carolina
Al and Gail
.

After searching from Maine to Maryland, and then south to the Carolinas, we found our baby. She's a 36' Allied Princess Ketch and we found her on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Her former owner, Jim Hinkle had maintained her with loving care and taste and we fell in love with her the minute we saw her at Windmill Harbour.

Her name was "My Lil' Chickadee", but we decided to change it slightly to "Our Li'l Chickadee".

She is equipped with many electrical/electronic options, such as: Air Conditioning, Lectra San Electric Head,Hot Water - via motor or 120v, Two battery banks, with the house bank providing 300 + amp- hours. Batteries, charging etc are controlled and monitored by a 1000 watt Inverter along with a Heart Interface Controller. Other 'niceties' include pressure water - in the galley and also the forward vanity and adjacent shower. Now if we only had a wind generator/solar panels to help provide the power for all the goodies.

Power is via a 3 cyl. 40 HP Yanmar diesel (known as 'Yanny'), and she's like new, with only a hundred plus hours on her.

Please click on link to our Photo Journal, showing more of the south-eastern US, such as Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, SC, where we made camp until we could 'sail away' in Our Li'l Chickadee.
Comments
Vessel Name: Our Lil' Chickadee
Vessel Make/Model: Allied Princess - 35 ft. Ketch
Hailing Port: Victoria, BC
Crew: Al Cannon and Gail Mitchell

Who: Al Cannon and Gail Mitchell
Port: Victoria, BC