Azzans Adventures

Vessel Name: Azzan
Vessel Make/Model: Roberts 370 Cutter Rigged Sloop
Hailing Port: Tincan Bay Queensland Australia
Crew: Jamie & Dawn White
About:
2011 Jamie & Dawn Have taken the plunge into the cruising life, intial plan to cruise and travel SE asia for the next 2 to 3 years and who knows what after that!!! Update 2017: After returning to Australia late 2013, we have settled in Gympie Qld with Azzan close by on a mooring in Tincan Bay. [...]
Extra: Azzan is a centre cockpit aft cabin sloop her home port was Cairns Bluewater marina, she has been prepared for a May 2011 departure for Darwin then the Sail Indoneasia rally. Azzan now is equipped with a Hot water and cabin heating system to cater for the southern seas, wow we wont know ourselves.
28 June 2013 | Cebu Philippines
28 June 2013 | Negros
28 June 2013 | Bonbonon Negros
28 June 2013 | Bonbonon Negros
28 June 2013 | Bonbonon
28 June 2013 | Sulu Sea
28 June 2013 | Sulu sea
28 June 2013 | Sulu sea
28 June 2013 | Tubbataha
28 June 2013 | Palawan
23 May 2013 | Puerto Princesa Palawan
23 May 2013 | Narra Palawan
23 May 2013 | Arrecife Island Palawan
23 May 2013 | Island Bay Palawan
05 May 2013 | Brookes Point Palawan
05 May 2013 | Rio Tuba
05 May 2013 | Candaranman Island
05 May 2013 | Balambangan
25 April 2013 | Usukan Island sabah
25 April 2013 | Brunei
Recent Blog Posts
28 June 2013 | Cebu Philippines

Swimming with Whale Sharks

Cebu island Tan-wanna Whale Sharks

28 June 2013 | Negros

Making a move

Making a move.

28 June 2013 | Bonbonon Negros

Week 3 in Tambobo

Tambobo Bay cont

28 June 2013 | Bonbonon Negros

Week 2 in Tambobo

Week 2 in Tambobo bay

28 June 2013 | Bonbonon

Tambobo bay a Great anchorage

1 Week in Tambobo

28 June 2013 | Sulu Sea

Last leg to Negros

Last leg to Bombonon

Week 3 in Tambobo

28 June 2013 | Bonbonon Negros
Jamie
Tambobo Bay cont
Been an interesting few days, have been to another 2buffets, Arlynes and Bruce's again both nice food. Got to meet a few more people, Dawn met Dianne fro USA she runs a learning centre, also Garry from Cebu USA been here a long time, daughter Nocole, crew Maria, Charisma.
Had Manfred over on Saturday to do electrical checks on the autopilot, eliminated all areas except for the remote circuit box has defiantly blown the transistors again, also I'd the generator has a fault in the regulator as doesn't run the sewing machine or washing machine, still in warranty.
Made the decision to take them both to Dumaguete on Monday, found a Honda dealer Du Ek Sam, and Manfred a wealth of knowledge about electronic repair places. Went for a run over to Tonga sails resort to meet Nigel, as he runs to town 3times week, interesting chap and establishment bit rough around the edges. Booked one seat for the Monday trip, as sounds like he is pretty full most times.
Jamie caught the ride 0830 at Tambobo dawn dropped off on the beach, decided not to bring the generator with him until found out if it was possible to be repaired. Car full had to sit on the console behind the driver, 1hr trip not too bad, drops off at Citi plaza, very good. Tricycle out to electronics Algerythme, looks promising, will know in one day if the fault can be I'd . Found Honda dealer and they stock the same generator and are happy to do the warranty work. Did shopping at Lee plaza, very good, found a nice European bakery and stocked up on some drinks ect. Dawn had productive day on the boat front cabin has had a spring clean and cushion covers repaired and washed. She also got to go out to Kookoo nest for lunch and had a nice chat with Nikkie.
Jamie back at 1600 Dawn picked up so now planning on getting the genset to Dumaguete.
Rainy night with wind still getting weather off the TL up north, Jamie woken up at 0230 and found a large Bunker had dragged anchor and was caught on our anchor chain, 2 smaller bunkers were trying to tow it off, Dawn up to man the helm and torch, Jamie fending off and the pushing the bunker with the dinghy, in the end they had to cut their anchor ope and will be back I the morning to finish the job, should be interesting, his is why Jamie is updating the notes at 0330, still getting lots of rain as well, all tanks full.
Comments

About & Links